Wednesday, October 6, 2010

What I Didn't Write About

Have you ever had one of those days that began with all sorts of plans and yet somehow something happens and absolutely nothing gets done? No?   Me either!!  LOL   Just checking...

I had a post in I was in the middle of writing and then somehow it morphed into the wild rantings of a madwoman. I really wasn't wanting to go there.....Isn't the delete button wonderful?  It's one of my very favorite of ALL the keys!  OK so now I'm right back at the beginning.  What the heck am I going to write about? 

I know I won't be writing about folks who leave anonymous comments because they are to afraid to actually use a real name. Oh wait... that's not a "real" name anyway....  And I probably won't write about double speak  either.  Or folks being so naive as to think you can't figure out who is leaving those "comments" through a little research on the trusty statcounter....  Oops... there I go again.   My Bad!    LOL
Ok lets start over (again)

I ran to the store today to take advantage of a couple of the specials that will expire today.  I also had a couple of coupons that are expiring as well for free stuff.  I just can't seem to pass up free cookies.  Go figure! 

I came home with 2 packages of cookies, 2 boxes of popcorn and 4 cans of "chunky" type soup for under $5.00. Not a bad haul actually!  I'm really starting to have fun with this couponing thing.  For someone like me who is cheap....er .... frugal  its a blast!

Have you ever tried one of those cans of "chunky/hearty"  served over a bed of rice?  It is actually quite good and it can really stretch that can of soup into a decent meal for 2-3 folks rather than a can of soup for one.  It is also a great way to help with a super tight budget.  One of the ones I really like is the Cajun Gumbo soup!   Whip up a pan of cornbread and your all set!  Yummy :)

                                    ~~Hey...I'm Just Sayin'...~~

6 comments:

  1. I don't post very often but I am a fan of your blog. You are witty and honest and I like that. Keep it up and anyone who posts anonymously is just a coward and not very bright. Ignore them. They aren't worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!!
    Excellent post!
    Yes, Chunky soup over rice is pretty good. I thought I was the only weird one that did stuff like that...I shoulda know better. hehehe ;)

    Love and Hugs
    ~Fel~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the idea of the soup over rice. I will def. have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Campbells chunky cajun sausage one is about the only canned soup I ever have on hand. I'll throw in a couple extra shrimp if I have any leftover, serve it with rice with a small handful of cilantro and sour cream on top.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.

    God Bless You ~Ron

    ReplyDelete