Monday, September 7, 2009

New To Prepping


I was over at The American Preppers Fourms and read a couple of posts from a new member. For some reason those post's have stayed with me. She is very new to prepping....maybe even just kicking the idea around. In the second one (which I can't find...GRRR) she was still feeling overwhelmed and wanted to know where to start. Here is an excerpt from her first one.

Hi, I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm somewhat new to prepping and just trying to get started. There is so much to learn and do. I find it a bit overwhelming.

I woke up thinking about it again today. It has nagged at me until I realized what it was....

THAT WAS ME about a year ago. I think sometimes we forget about the folks out there just starting out.
Not on purpose of course. But sometimes we just do. I realized that I have come along way in a short amount of time but I should never forget that I was where she is now not all that long ago.

I didn't leave a post back to her and I feel just awful about that. I have been searching for her second post all over and just can't seem to find it. But I will.... I owe her that....

She reminded me that I should extend a helpful hand whenever I can. We were all new on this journey at some point. And sometimes ya just need to be reminded.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you SciFi for the reminder.

    A helping hand is always good. :D

    I also believe it is a constant learning process. We can always gain new information from one another.

    Hugs~Felinae~

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right Felinae... and thank you for stoppin in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just really started prepping this year too. I didn't realize all of the things we use. I can look back and see a small difference in the way I was then and the way I am now. I think it's going to take some time, but I'm one year closer than I was.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It all starts with that first step. The journey gets easier afterwards. It's very good that you are at a point where you can now help others.

    RW

    ReplyDelete