Tuesday, June 30, 2009


Sometimes things sneak up on you when you least expect it. Like yanking the rug out from under you. So now I find myself looking for work. I hate looking for work. I don't mind the "work" part, just the "looking". Hopefully something will come about fast. I just have to stay positive and focused. Of course this comes at a bad time. (I guess its always a bad time)

Anyway, I think I would like to share a great story. My brother met his wife when they were kids. Love at first sight and all that. That was over twenty years and two wonderful daughters ago. My SIL had a dream back then. She wanted to be in medicine. With the limited resources available she came up with a plan. She joined the Navy as a private. She went to corpmans (sp) school and graduated at the head of her class. Now I haven't kept up with all the schools and classes and such. She followed her dream. And now she is in her last year of residency. She is an MD. They are stationed in Florida now but will be coming home to Texas for a few weeks before they go to their new duty station in Japan. To say that I am proud of her is an understatement. That girl rocks!!!

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry you are going to go thru this...on the flip side, you live frugally, have a garden and have been prepping for a while now!
    I'm so glad for your sister-in-law! How inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind words HP! They are truly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete