Thursday, December 17, 2009

Chicken Fried Chicken Made Easy




I'm not one to share recipe's all that often.  This one  has turned out to be a real winner around here.  We don't eat alot of fried food. Somehow we have slowly weaned ourselves from most. 
These days  fried potato's or fried chicken just don't happen as often as they used to.  Don't get me wrong...I love fried foods.  I AM from the state known for Chicken Fried Steak!  We just don't indulge as much as we used to.  
So when I ran across a recipe as good as this one.... I  thought it was only fair to share!  After trying it out a few times (I'm slow) I realized that most all the ingredients are Prepper Friendly.  As in, probably in your pantry.  


Chicken Fried Chicken Tenders


2 chicken breasts (or whatever parts ya want)
Bout 10 crackers (crushed really fine)
tablespoon of flour
tablespoon of potato flakes
separate bowl of a couple of tablespoons of flour
1 beaten egg
Hot skillet with about 1/4 inch of oil.  (It doesn't take alot)


Take the crackers and crush to dust. LOL  I put them in a big ziplock and use my rolling pin to crush them up really really good.  Then add the flour, potato flakes, and season as you see fit to season. (Lots of options here... the last batch I added garlic powder,onion powder, Tony's seasoning, and just a little bit of chili powder)



Cut the chicken into the size portions ya want. Coat with flour,then into the egg, then the cracker mixture.  Drop into the hot skillet.  This doesn't take long to cook , 3 or 4 min then turn.  Grab a plate and chow!
Just don't overcook as chicken tends to turn out a bit dry if ya do. 

It works great with pork chops as well.  I haven't tried it for Chicken Fried Steak yet but I already know I will!


So if your craving some good old fashioned Chicken Fried (Insert meat here)  This recipe ROCKS.










2 comments:

  1. Thank you Sci :D
    Even to me sitting here with no appetite that sounds good, and easy.

    You know how I love easy ;)

    Hugs~Felinae~
    (I'm gonna copy that right now)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds yummy, one thing I would add is panko, these are Japanese bread crumbs, they don't get soggy, they add a bit of extra crunch.

    ReplyDelete