Saturday, September 18, 2010

First Fall Bounty and other Stuff

We got the first fall bounty from the garden this week!  Isn't it pretty?  We cooked it up with a little bit of onions and a couple of pats of butter.. Oh My was it good.

Wow, it's hard to believe that it is already Saturday.  Another week just about to be history!  Funny how time seems to fly by these days.  Do you remember when you were a kid how time just seemed to drag by?  It seemed like week took an eternity to pass.  Especially when you were waiting for something to happen.  I swear back then it took a month for a single week to pass.  For example, the time between Thanksgiving and Christmas surely had to be six months.  It sure felt like it anyway!  These days I finish up the Thanksgiving dinner dishes and the next thing I know I'm cooking Christmas dinner.  Yep, time sure does fly these days. 

I've been grocery shopping again and did really well.  I'll be doing a separate post on that in a day or so.  It got me to thinking about a couple of things though.  One is that if I were not living "in town" I would not be able to take advantage of sales and coupons the way I am right now.  I mean... it is easy right now for me to go to the store a couple of times a week and take advantage of some of the specials.  That  wouldn't be possible if we were living out of town.  That means some of the really cool deals that I am taking advantage of right now wouldn't be available to me in other situations.  I am sure though that even if I could only shop once or twice a month I could figure out how to make the best of things. So I guess until then I will stock up on all I can, while I can. 

I got an email this week from the FoodSaver company  about the sales they have this time around.  I get them regularly since I bought my vacuum system  a couple of years ago. (Time flies remember.. I think it might have been more like three years).  They had a really neat sale on their FoodSaver Mini-Plus system.  The regular price is $69.99 and it was on sale for 50% off with free shipping.  What a deal!  Well, I got to thinking about it a bit and  wondered if there was any way to share that great deal with you guys who read here.  Well I called the FoodSaver folks just to see if it would be possible.  I spoke with a really helpful lady by the name of Laurie.  She regretfully told me that it was something I couldn't do.  I asked her how I might go about possibly being an affiliate dealer for them so I could share cool deals with you guys. She gave me the information I might need to set that up.

    I mentioned that I had a blog and have always considered a FoodSaver system a really important part of food storage.  I also mentioned that I was a prepper and that seemed to spark a little interest.  She asked me if that was like preparing for a natural disaster or something. She was familiar with it!!!   Of course I told her Yes!  She asked me ( off the record) what the name of my site was and so of course I shared it with her.  Laurie, if you are reading, welcome and thanks for all your help!

   I have been trying for over a month now to get my computer hooked up to Mushroom's printer.  All the drivers are installed, and the software, and everything SHOULD be working just fine.  Of course, it isn't.  None of us here can figure out why.  Since I have been doing the coupon saving it has become more important than ever to be able to print things off this dang thing!  Oh well, we will figure it out eventually!  Until then all I can say is  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr          

           ~~Hey...I'm Just Sayin... ~

6 comments:

  1. I like summer squash, both the yellow crook neck and zucchini.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Until you get the network problem resolved, just email the links to Mushroom and ask her to print them for you. It's a bandaid but it's better than no coupons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's nothing like fresh veggies from the garden. Wish I could take advantage of it. Alas, the deer would eat everything up before I could get to it. This I know from experience.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm jealous my bucket garden is pretty much gone except for a few cherry tomatoes!

    China
    III

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the older we get the faster time goes. I remember dreading September and back to school. And it took FOREVER to get to the holidays. But, I have also found out that if you aren't busy and just sit around, like I did when I hurt my back, then the time just drags by.
    Love squash, I remember my great aunt frying it in butter, when we lived on the farm. Talk about good!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Even the kids now a days say that time is flying by. I'm ready for some good ole slow days. lol

    ReplyDelete