Sunday, August 16, 2009

Keeping The Faith


I want to apologize for the absence of new posts in the last few days. I've been busy with "life".

I have also been distracted mentally by a post from a prepper friend.
I can't shake it no matter how hard I try. Her family has been enduring some messed up stuff for the last few months.
Her husband is a medically released US Soldier. He was medivac'ed out and spent several months in a VA Hospitol. They have been working with the system for months now and have been denied proper care and basic rights to the the system he went to the "Sand Lot" to defend.
I am sickened by the lack of response from the very government he CHOSE to stand for. Now they CHOOSE not to stand behind him. It is disheartening to think that what he did for our country means nothing to the government. That just hurts me to the very center of my being.
They have lied at every turn and in the end pretty much seem to be saying FU deal with it! What kind of government is that?
The man who fought and defended this country cannnot now even buy or own a gun? I mean WTF is up with that? They deny him care over and over and he is legitimatly disabled. They yank him around on the unemployment he should have received. They yank him around on the Social Security he is truly entitled to. They yank him around on the prescriptions he needs. And now they are in such a hole that they can't see much light up there. It sickens, saddens, and pisses me off more than I can express here.

Now heres the part where I get all emotional.
They say don't worry.... we will be fine...we will find a way with God's help. Then she says....
There is a family I met that needs help. They need to get up here to be with us so as to be safe. Her worry is that they won't be able to make it up there without some help. Does she ask for help for her family? NO She just says keep 0n prepping... it's important.
People have offered help to her.... and her response was.... Please don't worry about us, we will be fine. Lets just help out this family that is in need. Nor will she accept "help" to keep her online with us. .
Now if we could all be a bit more like her then the world would be a much better place to live in.
She says its more important to continue to prep for your family! Don't worry bout hers...she will be fine.

And I know she will....

God Bless ,Ernie ! Keep the faith!
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

3 comments:

  1. Scifi~

    You said this very well and now I am crying. You are so right, we need more people like Ernie in this world.

    I will echo Sci here...
    God Bless, Ernie! Keep the faith! and please know we are all here for you, Hun!

    Hugs~Felinae~

    ReplyDelete
  2. SF and Fel - I truly love you both and am glad to count you as friends! Thank you all for here for us and know we will always be here for you too! There is always room here!:)

    Thank you SF for the nice article - bless you.
    Ernie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't always comment, but I always read. We are family and we stick together, especially in times like these! Ernie will let us help because I know SHE knows that it is a blessing to help and she wouldn't want to steal our blessings! {hugs}

    ReplyDelete