Monday, December 30, 2013

Strawberry Banna Bread

 After a couple of days with the sun shining, today turned cold,windy and overcast.  After hearing how bad it's been over toward the North East this is a cake walk. OH.... cake walk!!  Not really but I chose to bake bread which is close... kinda....

I don't know if I was bored or what but I felt the need to bake today.I  got my bread made and then I figured there's no time like now to make banana bread.  While I was searching the freezer for banana's I found some strawberries hiding in the freezer. I figured I might as well put them to good use.  It turned out pretty darn good if I have to say so myself.  Sorry there are no pictures but... my camera's still not working. *sigh*


Strawberry Banana Bread

3 1/2 cups of All-Purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 sticks butter ( or sub 1 cup of shortening if you'd rather)
4 eggs
1 1/2 cups of very ripe mashed bananas

1 cup smushed strawberries
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla



Directions

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease two 9x5 loaf pans.
In a big bowl beat the butter and gradually add your sugar. Add eggs and beat well. Stir in mashed banana's, strawberries and vanilla.
In another bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt.  Blend into the banana/strawberry batter.  If you want to add nuts, now is the time.  Divide the batter between the two greased pans.
Pop it into the hot oven.  Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until a toothpick stuck in the center of the loaves comes out clean.


Grab a cup of coffee and a big slice of hot goodness slathered in butter and you have.... Bliss!!

1 comment:

  1. This sounds great! Especially for a cold winter day. Stay warm!

    Fern

    ReplyDelete