Thursday, March 19, 2009

I Love My FoodSaver

I love my FoodSaver!!

I found a really cool trick for using your regular left over jars. You can use most any kind of jar with one of those pop top seal jars....like salsa, jelly, etc...The ones with the ruber seals work too. I take my bulk cheese and store it in jars to keep it fresh with no mold. That half a bell pepper that I didn't use for dinner? You guessed it... it's in a jar and still good after a couple of weeks instead of a few days.
This trick I didn't know till I stumbled on it one day. Which is the way I usually end up finding stuff. This one is cool... check it out here. Cin over at the AmericanPreppersNetwork forum asked me for clarification on the how- to's and so here it is.


Please forgive my feeble attempt at trying to get this on video. DH you can blame for the camera work. Anyway here it is in all it's glory!!
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

9 comments:

  1. hey love...sorry it has taken me so long to get back here and start leaving comments! but i am here now and can't wait to read all of your entries!

    i gotta tell you - THIS is the niftiest thing i have ever seen and we are definitely getting ourselves a food saver! Thanks so much for sharing this with all of us over at the APN Forum!

    And girl...me and you need to get canning and causing some trouble - bahaha! it's so awesome to meet you!

    (tell Joe that i really enjoyed the zooming in and out of the camera and the crazy camera angles - bahaha!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by Kymber! We will have a great summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Chick, love the vid. Seen where you posted about it on the forum and had to pop over and check it out. Love this idea and thanks a bunch for the vid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha!
    Yer famous now girl!

    I gotta get one of them there contraptions, bein' single, I waste more dang food from it going bad from sitting in the fridge.

    Thanks fer the instructional.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, Chick! I just got a foodsaver and am learning all the cool stuff it'll do. This is GREAT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh - that is exactly the same Foodsaver we have!!! What a great trick - I think I will save all of my jars and store dehydrated stuff in it!! Thank you Scifichick!!! Wonderful!! And, yes those rolls of plastic are expensive!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a great idea, thanks your a food saver pro.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well I DO LOVE my foodsaver. Thanks for stopping by moose!

    ReplyDelete