Wednesday, March 25, 2009

An Evening of Good Reading


Ask and you shall be given? Tuesday morning about 6am I woke up to an almost misting kind of rain that lasted till well after 2pm. And rain again this evening. I can just feel the garden drinking in mother nature. Seeds straining to shed their shells and reach for the sky. Another chance at more rain tomorrow....and I say bring it on!

I spent my evening reading. Turned off the TV and just did some pleasure reading. I spent the better part of two hours reading The View from TreeSongs old blogs. That chick can write! I knew there was a reason I started following her blogs!!

I also spent quite a bit of time reading the Ornery Bastards blog. That man is to be admired for his convictions. And he's sooo funny!! Gotta love real and funny all rolled into one. Well I do anyway!

Well I'm off for the next two days and there are always things to be done. I think the first thing I will do is sleep in until I WANT to get up. You have to have your priorities right? It's been a long week.

There is something to be said for taking care of yourself....giving yourself some "downtime". Sometimes people forget that. I think it is important to your well-being. A re-charging of the batteries as it were.

So to all of you that made my evening intertaining (I only mentioned a couple) Thanks for a great evening!

3 comments:

  1. SciFiChick, thanks for the plug in your blog. I am SO jealous of you who live in the south and can already have a garden in. I do have about eight inches of snow sitting on my garden spot. THAT would give your garden some moisture! Treesong

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that you had a nice evening SciFiChick! It is sooo important to have downtime and re-charge. Now I must go and check out TreeSongs blog - thanks for passing it on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Thank You kindly for mentioning my curmudgeonly Ornery arse!

    Mighty nice of ya.

    Good luck with the garden, I have about a month to get mine in and it will be balls to the walls then!

    ReplyDelete