Saturday, September 10, 2011

Testing...OK I Think I'm Back!

I can't believe its been a week since posting anything here.  I honestly can't recall when it has been this long between posts.  Sometimes life just gets in the way of things though.  I've been battling with the internet company daily for the past four weeks and it seems that I might actually be back online with some sort of luck.  I guess time will tell.  And again, just for the record, WildBlue Satellite has some of the worst customer service I have ever had the displeasure to do business with.  

Anyway... in other news around our lil place....  We have been blessed with some of the nicest weather we have had in many months this past week.  Temperatures haven't climbed out of the low 80's during the day and the nights have been wonderfully cool.  It's been so nice to be able to open up the windows and get some fresh air!  It's supposed to creep back up into the 90's this week but I think the worst of the worst is over.  Man, it couldn't happen soon enough as far as I'm concerned.  This has been a summer that many folks hope will never be repeated. 

The work on the barn continues.  Mars has about 2/3 of the roof on.  Next thing I think he is going to do is finish up these two parts since they are going to be the closed in areas.  After some thought about it he will have to put in some posts along the walls to have something to nail the tin to.  It seems the poles that are in place are too far apart to even be able to use 12 foot 2x's.  Another wrinkle in the progress but it has to be done.  I'm looking forward to this part being done because once it is, we can start work on the chicken coop!  I absolutely LOVE forward progress.

The garden is doing the "garden thing" right now.  New plants are growing taller, the last of the tomato plants finally lost to the horn worms and unidentified bugs and I'm still fighting the squash bugs.  I know its a week or so late but today I will go out and finish the planting in the new bed.  Some turnips, spinach, kohlrabi, radishes and maybe some lettuce.  I'm not to sure about the lettuce though. It may be a little hot yet to start it outside and we have no room inside to be starting plants.  Hmmm.... that could be a problem come about January or February for the tomato plants...   Oh well, right now it is only September and we have September things to do!  I'll worry about that when it gets here.

All you folks in Central Texas, I want you to know that you are in my prayers.  What a horrible set of fires... all those homes lost and whole families having to start all over again with nothing but the clothes on their backs.  Almost 1400 homes destroyed... all those lives touched.  God Bless Texas!!!

      ~~~~~~  Hey ... I'm Just Sayin' ...  ~~~~~~

7 comments:

  1. Yes, welcome back, you've been missed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see you! You sound busy, busy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you got your internet connection up and running. Fires have been real bad around here in East Texas, also. Still burning and lots of smoke. It sure seems like year half of Texas has burned.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for putting us back in your farm chores! Missed ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the warm welcome back everyone!

    ReplyDelete