Sunday, September 25, 2011

Sunday "Stuff"

I've been wanting to post some pictures here but for the life of me I can't remember where the cord to my camera is.  It's been several months since I have seen the dang thing, and heaven only knows where it might be. I was fine when using the other computer since all the drivers are already installed on it.  This one... not.  I can't figure out how to get the computer to read the camera card.  So, until I either find the dang cord or figure out how to get the slot drive to read the card....  no pictures.



Mars started tearing down the last part of the old stuff off the barn. Same as the rest of it, all the wood and tin needs to be replaced.  One good thing about it is that a lot of the old tin is still "useable" for other projects although most of the wood is just rotten. Before we were able to start on tearing all that down we had piles and piles of old trashy stuff that had to be sorted through.  Everything that we could burn went onto a bonfire yesterday evening. We are going to have to figure out something to do with all the old rusty metal stuff eventually.  When we moved here there was all sorts of trash and stuff out around the barn as well as the remnants of the old house that used to be here.  Slowly, all that is being sorted through and cleaned up as well.  Hey, at least we aren't going to run out of things to do any time soon! 


I hate to admit it but I'm going to have to go to the Laundromat.  I've let things get so far behind that it would take me several days to catch back up doing them by hand.  I've been hoping to find a cheap/free washing machine on Craigslist but haven't had much luck yet.  Of course when I do find one we will have to run a water line and electricity for it.  Which means that it will end up in the barn, which is fine with me.  We need water and electricity out there anyway and there really isn't another place to put a washing machine.  Anyway... until all that happens I'm still buried in a pile of dirty clothes that I will have to take to the Laundromat.  I hate those places.  Always have.  Bunch of unhappy people with screaming kids who have NO manners.  I'd almost rather go have teeth pulled....  Oh well, it's not like I go often.  Who knows, maybe things have changed since the last time I went? 

    ~~~~~~  Hey... I'm Just Sayin' ...  ~~~~~~

12 comments:

  1. I had to use a laundromat the first four months we were married because we were in a rental out of state with no washer/dryer. I speak from experience when I say the best time to go is the minute they open in the morning. The screaming kids are still in bed or being fed their sugar-loaded breakfast at McDonald's. Being the first one in the door, no matter how many machines you use, you can be out of there in an hour and a half. With any luck, the screaming kids will just be arriving by then. If you can go on a weekday, you cut the screaming kid ratio in half ...you'll only be dealing with the pre-school aged screamers.

    : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps I like kids, I really do. Even the less than perfectly behaved variety. I just re-read my comment and it sounds like I don't. But I do, seriously ...I really do! But, like Sci, I am not all that fond of laundromats. I like puppies too, but wouldn't want to deal with a bunch of them when I'm stuck in a laundromat! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL HB, I just knew there were others out there who felt the same as I do! And yes, I plan on going on Tuesday morning first thing. That gets me out of the "weekend fray" and the "OMG Its Monday and I didn't do laundry" folks. I used to be a pro at it... just need to brush off those old mad skilz again.!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anything metal can be sold for scrap. Scrap metal is very high in price right now. I am sure there is a salvage yard in your area that buys such items. FK

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scrap any metal you can. The price of metal is through the roof. Old machines, fencing, almost anything goes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Try to go at the beginning of the week and early in the day - it is less busy as people tend to wait until the end of the week to do their laundry. Even Sunday mornings are good because people are in church. Just a thought.

    I hope you get your washing machine soon. Do you have a Freecycle chapter in your area? Google it - you may be able to find a free washing machine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Trust me I just went to the dentist today. Nothing is worse then getting a tooth pulled :(
    But take a few Tylenol before the laundry just in case :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha...nope, things have not changed at all. Ad to it the drunks and panhandlers

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had to do the same when our Machine broke down & I am right their with you the only thing that the laundromat was good for is to get all the clothes done at the same time & the free wifi, take the Metal to the Scrap Metal place and gets some extra cash out of that. Sounds like you have been pretty busy looking forward to the picture's. Cristy @ (craftycountrymomma.blogspot.com) google wouldn't let me post this comment any other way.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Afro and I have to buy a new washer and dryer this month - NOT an exciting task.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hoss, you do not sound harsh! I feel exactly the same about the laundramat. I hate going there with a passion. I have a washer and dryer, but occassionally when something breaks down, I have to wash. The clothes line is good for dry weather.

    If you sort metal, you get more for it. Don't put machinery in with roofing, and so on.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just found your blog. I hate laundromatts to, My friend has a cabin in Idaho and he bought one of those little thing you can put on the counter next to the sink. You can do a pretty good sized load of underwear you have to crank it but I think they have one that is autmatic. It would beat washing by hand. He said you can only wash on pair of jeans at a time. I read another blog a while back and she also had one.
    Maybe if you sell enough metal you can go to good will or one of those places and buy a cheap machine.
    Good Luck

    ReplyDelete