Saturday, May 1, 2010

Brownies and Down Time

   I try to post regularly... I really do. Its just that sometimes I just needed to take a little time and "regroup".  I've been feeling a little burned out lately and just needed to take a couple of days off.  A 9 x13 pan of wonderfully delicious brownies later I am feeling back up to my old self!  (recipe is at the bottom of the post)

  To my surprise when I logged in the first thing I noticed was that there are missing links and pictures that were there just the other day.  I don't know how or why but it seems strange to me.  Especially since all the missing pictures and/or logos are preparedness ones.  Has anyone else noticed anything like this?  I am in the process of re-posting them so bear with me.

  We have baby tomato's!  I'm so excited.  It's like the spring version of Christmas  every year to see the first of the veggies bearing fruit.  A precursor of things to come soon.  This year will certainly be different as we are lending a hand at the Pioneer LivingHomestead.  It won't be much longer now and things will be in full production in the garden.  With that comes the harvesting and canning and drying of vegetables.  I've never been involved in a garden this size before and so it should be quite a summer.  The vegetable stand is coming along nicely too.

On another note, I received a great award from my friend char_char ! Thank you so much!
"The blogger who receives this award believes in the Tao of the zombie chicken - excellence, grace and persistence in all situations, even in the midst of a zombie apocalypse. These amazing bloggers regularly produce content so remarkable that their readers would brave a raving pack of zombie chickens just to be able to read their inspiring words. As a recipient of this world-renowned award, you now have the task of passing it on to at least 5 other worthy bloggers. Do not risk the wrath of the zombie chickens by choosing unwisely or not choosing at all…"






I'm passing this along to:

A Homesteading Neophyte
Self Sustained Living
Double Nickle Farm
Coffee With The Hermit
Small Farm Girl

   I didn't have the confectioner's sugar and so opted for no frosting.  I also doubled the recipe since my 8" pyrex dish was broken in the move.  Dang.... to bad I had to make a whole 9x13 pan.  :)

Best Brownies  (All Recipes)

Ingredients

  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
  •  
  • 3 tablespoons butter, softened
  • 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 tablespoon honey
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 cup confectioners' sugar

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour an 8 inch square pan.
  2. In a large saucepan, melt 1/2 cup butter. Remove from heat, and stir in sugar, eggs, and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Beat in 1/3 cup cocoa, 1/2 cup flour, salt, and baking powder. Spread batter into prepared pan.
  3. Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes. Do not overcook.
  4. To Make Frosting: Combine 3 tablespoons butter, 3 tablespoons cocoa, 1 tablespoon honey, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and 1 cup confectioners' sugar. Frost brownies while they are still warm.

8 comments:

  1. I certainly wish I had some of those brownies to go with my coffee this morning! They look pretty good to me...!

    I appreciate the award. my friend! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like you do..hope it passes. The brownies look wonderful by the way.
    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The brownies look yummy. Thanks for sharing the recipe.:D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the award :)
    I've got case of the gloomies and I guess I'll find me some feel good food when I get home. Feel like something sweet too. Brownies sure do look good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been looking for a good recipe for brownies. I'll have to try them. Oh, and thank you for the award! I feel the love. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I guess you will be sharing in chat later ?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok I am going to go to the kitchen Zombie Like and make some brownies today for me, myself(and I guess the kids and Bill too!!) Thanks Sci you are too kind!

    I havent noted anything with my blog, but I have been a tad out for a few days so I will recheck!!

    I think I will make your brownies to send to my oldest this week. Thanks for the new recipe!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well when it was all said and done, the reason that I couldn't find my posts or pictures (on American Preppers Network) was because John Milandred of Pioneer Living deleted them all. It takes an evil and malicious person to do such a thing as that and someday Karma is gonna catch up to him. I just wish I were driving the bus!

    ReplyDelete