Monday, April 13, 2009

Cool Things




Two really cool things happened this weekend. Well, three actually because I talked with my brother until my phone battery went dead! He's in Florida so we don't see each other as often as either of us would like to. So all conversations with him make me happy.

My Presto 16 quart canner was delivered. Funny how something like that can make ya smile. I am still gathering necessary tools to use with it but those are minor things. I still need a jar lifter and a funnel. And lots more canning lids. I think I have at or about 14 dozen. I still need regular size lids as many of the jars I got from craigslist are regular's and not the wide mouth jars. So I am almost ready to rock n roll on my new canning adventure.

The other cool thing will take some background information. I belong to the American Preppers Network and am a member of the forums over there. (You should check it out- there are some good folks over there with lots of knowledge they are willing to share) Kymbers posted this on the forums.
"Trick James of the Nebraska Preppers Network who started a topic on the American Preppers Network Private Forum about having a copy of "Patriots Surviving the Coming Collapse" by James Wesley, Rawles that he wanted to pass on to an interested party. I jumped at the chance to get the book. He then mailed it to me free of charge! His only rule: Once I finished reading the book, I was to mail it to another interested party who would also send it to someone else free of charge, and so on and so on.
Trick signed and dated the book and I have done the same! I thoroughly enjoyed the book! "

Well there is a list now of those of us who would like to read and pass on the book and this weekend I received the book in the mail. The book has been signed by the previous readers and each has left a note for the next person to read the book. So far it has traveled from Nebraska up to Canada, then to Minnesota and now to me here in Texas. From here it will be heading to upstate New York. I think this is a really cool thing and cannot wait to see how many places it will travel to.

5 comments:

  1. I can't wait to get my shot at reading the book. I Look forward to the chance...But then again, I almost would rather let a few more preppers read it first so I can see more signatures and notes from fellow preppers

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Tom I totally understand that one! Just move your name to the back of the list.... easy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad that you got to talk to your brother until your phone died - bahahah - must have been a great chat! and super glad that you got the book - woohoo for you girl - you are gonna love it!
    i think i am going to throw my name back on the list in about a year...just to see where its been!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the canner! You are really gonna have fun now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. THAT BOOK IS WHAT OPENED MY EYES WIDE ABOUT 4 YRS AGO, A MUST READ FOR ANYONE.Have FUN WITH THE CANNER

    ReplyDelete