Tuesday, February 5, 2013

I Made Another List

The first thing I saw yesterday morning when I signed into the Big Blue Nowhere was an email from my buddy kymber.  (Thanks Girl)


 

From: Kymber
Sent: February-02-13 5:03 PM
To: 'SciFiChicks@yahoo.com
Subject: OH MY GAWWWD GURL!!!


Have you seen this?

 


 

gurl – yer number 34!!! Can you believe that????

 

Wicked awesome congrats! Your friend,

kymber

I just love her enthusiasm!!!  It can be infectious. 

Here's a piece of trivia for you.  I've know kymber since BEFORE there was a Bacon and Eggs Blog and before there were people living out at the Framboise Manor.  Back when the American Preppers Network was first starting out I was lucky enough to "meet" her and many other folks. Although I'm no longer a contributor to the APN I will be grateful to those early members who welcomed me into the prepper world.  Shoot, I can remember kymber and I worrying so much about our first attempt at canning without blowing something up. So we decided to take a canning class "together".  And we've never looked back! 

Who would have thought that this blog would have ever grown as large as this. I started out just sort of writing about my attempts at a less expensive and yet prepared lifestyle.  This blog has morphed over the years into something all it's own.  I just want to say thanks for all you guys that have stuck by me since the start and those who are a little newer to the neighborhood. And everyone in between.   Ya'll are the best.

Anyway.... there you have it..   I've made yet ANOTHER list!  heheheheee..

18 comments:

  1. You know, when I saw that Rural Revolution was on the list, my first thought was, "I wonder if SciFi made that list". Honestly! But I never clicked ont he link. And come to find out now, you DID!

    Congrats! And more importantly, thanks for sharing all your adventures with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sci - i was so thrilled when i saw that list! i was so glad to see the APN, CPN and you get recognized for being great sources of information for preppers! your blog is a great place for like-minded folk to come and learn from you. you are one of the best because you aren't afraid to try something and then report back the results regardless of whether it was a success or a failure - and i think people enjoy that - i know i sure do! congrats for the recognition gurl - you deserve it!

    your friend,
    kymber

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read the big news yesterday, and smiled. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!!! Always get good information from your blog and love reading about whats going on around your new place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations SciFi! I'm one of the new neighbors & I must tell you that I've used many suggestions from your blog. So, thank you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats, Sci!! When I saw that you made the list I was so impressed and Like "I know her!!" You deserve it and I'm so happy for you:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ...i always knew you'd be famous, even back in the early days i could see it...MD made the list too(the survivalist blog)

    ...Congratulations SciFi, i can say "i knew you when..."

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are in some fine company there my friend. Or should I say they are in your fine company, as we all are.

    Congratulations. If you have to be on any list in this screwed up world that is the list you want to be on.

    I am honored to be your friend and be on your blogroll. You're the best. Hugs to you. ::tip of my hat::

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats...you're doing a great service! And the humor mixed in is a plus!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sci,

    You're so popular!!! Congratulations girl, I'm happy for you.
    Many of us have learned from reading your blog.

    Give Mars a hug, take care.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well deserved! Far cry from the start of APN, congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You and Kymber are my heroes (or I guess that should be heroines) Congratulations! I've learned a lot from you here, and when I get out of the city and get another way off the grid place built for retirement in 13 (not that I'm counting) years, I'm looking forward to putting it all in practice. Till then, blue barrels in the shop and lots of veggies and game in the freezers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm going to apologize right now for not responding to all you guys. I kinda sorta went over on my bandwidth (again) and .... well.... you know how it goes! Thanks to each of ya'll for your kind words. It's an honor to call ya'll my friends.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on making the list! Now you are probably on the DHS Homegrown Terrorist List too. Seems that's what they call all us preppers :) Go figure.. LOL.

    Blessings,
    Red

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! What a fabulous achievement!! All the best of congratulations from my homestead to yours :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Woot! Awesome! I clicked over with a mental list of blogs and there you were. I remember the APN...we've all grown so much! Congrats lady, you've earned it!

    ReplyDelete