Friday, December 30, 2011

Free Seed Catalogs

I love it when my seed catalogs start coming in!   Many of them have some wonderful tips and information that's new to me. I think I could spend hours reading them.  Well I realized a few weeks ago that with moving out to the Hillside Homestead I wasn't going to get any catalogs if I didn't order them.  So while I was poking around the net I compiled a list of Free Seed Catalogs from companies that carry heirloom and open pollinated seeds.  I thought I would share some of the ones I found and some that have been favorites of mine for a long time. Oh and did I mention they are Free?  I just love that word!  

 Free Catalog List  ( heirloom/open-pollinated seeds)
 

Abundant Life 
Baker Creek
Bountiful Gardens  

Heirloom Acres Seeds  
Johnny's Selected Seeds  
Potato Garden 
 R.H. Shumway's
Sandhill Preservation Center 
Seeds of Change  

Seed Savers Exchange 

This is in no way a complete list. It's just a start.   If you have some that are your favorites, please share them with us!!  I just love reading them.  There is something I find wonderful about being able to hold them and flip the pages... I can make notes and use a highlighter too when I come across something "cool".  ( Don't tell anyone but I even "ohhh and ahhh" over some of the things I want to try)
                             ~~~~~~  Hey... I'm Just Sayin' ...  ~~~~~~

10 comments:

  1. Nice list! And what is wrong with "oohing and aaahing" over a seed catalog. I would too if I had the room to plant anything. :) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like Seed Savers Exchange, been using them for years. Have a peaceful and happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Skippy, doing a bit of gardening might do ya good. There is something very "Zen" about it. Most anyone can grow at least enough for salads (I know you like salads lolll) in pots or buckets on your deck or patio. Most anything can be grown that way. Try it you just might like it!!

    Momlady thank you! Your gift of the Kombi is going to be put to good use this year for sure. I just love that thing!! Sure makes some chores a whole lot easier.

    Stephen I like them too. Another one I am going to be ordering a few things from this year is Bountiful Gardens. They have some interesting things in their catalog and excellent prices too! And a Happy New Year to you and yours

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing like looking through a new catalog, that's for sure! Even if you don't use it, it makes for a good release for the imagination!

    Happy seed hunting, and thanks for the links!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am familiar with Seed Savers as it's not too far away from me, but thank you for the list! Think I'll surprise my wife by getting us some new catalogs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the list. Hopefully next year will better than this past year.
    Happy New Year to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the list. Just getting into the seed thing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jim my wish list is always bigger than my actual one! Something about all those cool new plants gives the imagination a tickle for sure.

    Casey, Great idea!

    Tango, Boy I hope so too! Let's hope for more rain!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Here's one of my favorites!
    http://www.treesofantiquity.com/

    ReplyDelete