I can't find all the pictures I wanted to show you but I was able to find a couple of work "in progress".
It looks like I'll have to try and get a better picture of "the whole thing. To the left is the enclosed part of the barn which will be one 20'x 24' enclosed area. Behind where the truck is parked will eventually be the goat pens. We will have enough room to pull the truck in out of the weather in front of the goat pen. To the right (where that old tin is) is where the chicken coop is being built.
There was my clothesline, between those two dead cedar trees.
And here is my "new clothesline" where the corner posts for the chicken coop came from! After cutting down the tops of the trees for the posts Mars cut up the bigger branches into firewood for the wood stove that we have moved out into
The start of the coop here.
It's really hard to see but that open area on the top has chicken wire on it. Why you ask? The front of the barn faces south and with our hot summers it will give the chickens some breeze relief. There will be a removable "storm window" for the winter months.
And so, work progresses. I didn't have any idea what he had in mind but I knew that whatever it was it would be nice. Now that this part has been done we can finish up the rest of the outer walls on the barn.
Those pallets in the foreground are going to be used to set things that need to go into storage on since the barn has a dirt floor. We have been picking up free pallets from our local lumber yard. The "yard guy" there has been saving them for us. They will also come in handy for several other projects that we have in mind but that's a bit farther down the road.
So there ya go! I'll add more pictures as the work progresses. Of course there are all sorts of other projects going on as well and we were able to pick up the materials for installing electricity and water to the barn, as well as insulation for the well pump and exposed water lines. (Thanks so much Anne <3 )
~~~~~~ Hey ... I'm Just Sayin' ... ~~~~~~